At LaGrange High School We Believe...
- Each Student has the right, the opportunity and the responsibility to learn.
- Learning occurs when students are realistically challenged and are involved in the learning process.
- A safe and comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Positive relationships and mutual respect between staff and students enhances self-esteem and learning.
- Instruction should utilize various methods that address individual student learning styles.
- Learning is a life-long activity.
- Student involvedment in varied facets of school life promotes character, leadership, and teamwork and enables students to become positive contributors to society.
- The school environment should promote an appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Teachers, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for the support and fulfillment of the school's mission.
- Self-discipline, critical thinking, teamwork, and problem solving are essential in preparing students to lead a meaningful and productive life.
Code of Ethics
Grangers believe in the value of:
Honesty is fairness and straightforwardness of conduct. It is truthfulness and sincerity.
Integrity is the adherence to a code of moral values.
Respect is to honor or to esteem. It is to show high consideration for something or someone.
Responsibility is accountability, trustworthiness, and reliability. It is the ability to choose for oneself between right and wrong.
Desired Results for Student Learning
Personal and Social Responsibility
Students will demonstrate respect for themselves, their community, and the property of others.
Students will demonstrate effective communication skills through the use of listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Thinking and Reasoning
Students will demonstrate thinking and reasoning skills through analysis, creativity, research, and problem solving across the curriculum.
Students will demonstrate self-discipline and the ability to work in teams in a variety of diverse situations.
Learning to Learn
Students will demonstrate an understanding of their personal responsibilities as learners and the importance of creating quality work.
Expanding and Integrating Knowledge
Students will be prepared for post-secondary educational and/or job training opportunities.